This is the perfect time to prepare for the return to school. Not just physically getting your kids ready but also emotionally. It’s a great time to help rebuild their immune systems after a summer long of indulging – everyday seems to be an ice cream day during the summer months!
Homeopathy is such a valuable tool when we are looking to help our little ones with separation anxiety or anxiety in general. The world is a big and scary place for sensitive children who have fears especially if they have not yet learned to express those fears. Luckily even without expressing fears in a verbal form homeopathy can look at their behavior and prescribe on that.
Some remedies that help with anxiety –
Pulsatilla: This is for the little one that just does not want to “let go”! There are lots and lots of tears. They are sensitive children who will respond to kind words and adult company. They crave reassurance and hugs.
Aconite: This is a great remedy when there has been a marked “fright” or event that has really shook them. This can come in the form of an acute panic attack – they may present like a rabbit in the headlights and be in that freeze mode. Aconite helps break out of that emotional state.
Arsenicum album: This child shows real fear with their anxiety, especially if separated. They may cope with their anxiety by being controlling or can get quite critical. Anxiety can be worse at nighttime – they may wake after midnight. They can be quite restless and also thirsty.
Calc carb: A really great remedy if your child loves and craves routine. Anxiety worsens when plans change. They may show difficulty with “going with the flow”! Their expression of anxiety may come in the form of “stubbornness”. They are generally solid and dependable children.
Ignatia: Not as frequently prescribed as the above remedies. A really useful remedy especially if there has been a recent bereavement and the child is quite upset and anxious since. It helps in processing and releasing the emotions. Useful for children who are highly sensitive and prone to mood swings, they may have an emotional outburst when separated from their loved ones.
Natrum muriaticum: Such a lovely remedy for children who are reserved and independent, but may become emotionally closed off when separated from their loved ones. They can be a little beyond their years and come across as quite serious. They may have social anxiety and a self protective shyness.
If you find your child is really struggling or stuck in an emotional state, work with your homeopath to get the correct remedy. It can be quite difficult to treat your own children as we just can’t be objective when it comes to the ones we love the most.
Some other helpful tips for the return to school –
- Start your child with some Vitamin C to help boost immunity and support the adrenal glands
- Alter bedtime and routines to ease back into the earlier mornings
- If they are in need of some gut healing from overindulgence during the summer start a good probiotic, one that contains L Glutamine to help repair the gut lining
- Magnesium is a really beneficial supplement for children who seem to be nervous-it aids in relaxing the nervous system and can be given before bed to aid sleep
- Zinc to improve immunity especially if they are coming down with something
- Essential fatty acids like a fish oil to aid in cognition
- “Support for You” – we always forget ourselves so here’s your reminder to replenish with your supplements or book some relaxing treatment for yourself when they are back in school 💕